Toilet Repair and Replacement
Importance of Toilet Plumbing Done by Professionals
A lot of people think that they can fix toilet problems on their own, but having a plumber can save you time and money. Professional plumbers can help maintain your toilets, fix any leaks or loose components, install new models, and help avoid major plumbing disasters and septic issues. At Next Plumbing, our toilet services are available around-the-clock, with regularly scheduled plumbing appointments, as well as emergency services.
Basic Toilet Maintenance
You use your toilet every single day. It is one of the most used appliances in the home, and it deserves a little more attention than what you have been giving it. Maintaining the toilet can help you save money, and avoid a potentially costly water bill.
Maintaining your toilet can be as simple as:
- Cleaning the toilet regularly, removing buildup and scum
- Not flushing foreign objects down the toilet
- Checking seals and hoses
- Calling a professional plumber for running toilets and other issues
No one wants to deal with a toilet backup, phantom flushing, or low-flow flushes. If you are suspecting a problem with your toilet, call Next Plumbing today and have us come take a look!
Common Reasons for a Running Toilet
A running toilet can be a frustrating and wasteful issue that many homeowners encounter. It occurs when water continuously flows into the toilet bowl, even when it is not being flushed. Understanding the common reasons behind a running toilet can help you diagnose and resolve the problem efficiently. Our water here in SWFL has a very high concentration of chlorine, often times higher than a swimming pool. Chlorine breaks down the rubber components inside the toilet tank causing leaks.
Here are several factors that can cause a toilet to run:
- Faulty flapper: The flapper is a rubber valve that seals the toilet tank. If it is worn out or improperly seated, it can allow water to leak from the tank into the bowl.
- Float ball or cup: The float ball or cup is responsible for regulating the water level in the tank. If it is damaged or misaligned, it can result in an imbalanced water level and a running toilet.
- Overflow tube issues: The overflow tube prevents the tank from overfilling. If it is cracked or improperly positioned, water may continuously flow into the overflow tube, causing the toilet to run.
- Fill valve problems: The fill valve controls the refilling of the toilet tank after each flush. If it is not functioning correctly, it may fail to shut off properly, leading to a running toilet.
- Sediment buildup: Over time, mineral deposits and sediment can accumulate in the toilet tank, affecting the proper functioning of various components and causing a running toilet.
Running toilets can be attributed to several common reasons such as a faulty flapper, float ball or cup issues, problems with the overflow tube, malfunctioning fill valve, or sediment buildup. By identifying the specific cause, homeowners can take appropriate steps to resolve the issue and restore the toilet to its normal functioning, preventing water waste and potential damage.
What we offer
- Toilets with a perfect MAP score. This is rating of how well a toilet flushes.
- Water saving options starting at 0.8 gallons per flush.
- ADA Compliant toilets.
- Toilets with an oversized footprint. To cover the old footprint, or even missing flooring.
- Pressure assisted toilets
- Tall toilets
We also offer a Customer Protection Plan which includes numerous toilet repairs at no cost!
Toilet Installation and Upgrades
Work with our Experienced Plumbing Professionals
At Next Plumbing, we are Southwest Florida’s premier plumbing professionals, and we are proud of our ability to help our customers quickly and effectively solve their plumbing problems. Our team is one of Angie’s List preferred businesses, and our customers’ satisfaction is always important to us. Our plumbing team responds to emergencies 24/7, and we offer a no additional cost service for after-hours calls.